Xbox One Worth it to buy xbox one on release day?

I think that if the hype overtakes you then you should get it. I just feel like it's wiser to wait for the release. Hear about the mechanics and glitches and decide on which one you want. There's going to be bugs. The 360 (and PS3) had bugs well after their releases. I'll probably have a new console by the end of the year, if not January but not release day. There no real sense in waiting too long if your genuinely interested in getting a console.

Microsoft announced that there will be a price drop next summer, the only down side is you get everything but the kinect. so that just means they're knocking off porbably 100 dollars, so if you do want the kinect later on it will be 150$.

Microsoft announced that there will be a price drop next summer, the only down side is you get everything but the kinect. so that just means they're knocking off porbably 100 dollars, so if you do want the kinect later on it will be 150$.

I have not heard of that? Do you have a link?

If Microsoft hasn't given a release date, it's just foolish for anyone to write that they've given out a time frame for a price drop. Not to mention, they will not sell the One without the Kinect and they shouldn't. Too much was tied into that technology for them to give people an option on whether or not they want to slow down the people who are ready to move on with tech advances.

Has anyone here bought other consoles on opening day? Was it a mad house?

Yes, I got both the PS2 and 360 at midnight...panic ensued. However, I must say the feeling of being at the forefront of a new console generation is like nothing else.

I have finally decided to buy an xbox one, do you guys think its worth it to buy it on release day?

I think it is. Having done this twice in the past, its a maddening experience but tons of fun. Being on forefront of the forums and discussions as well as online with other day one gamers is just terrific.

I am feeling that i already answered this question several times in the last couple of weeks, but here it is again.
Never buy consoles on release date, never!

You are basically beta-testing the thing, not many games on the release date, the price is ridiculous, and you might just play other thing while you wait because there isn't much difference.

Disagree. You would have to wait at least until the 2nd gen version of the console if you truly want to be safe. Considering all the lessons learned with the 360 I would highly doubt the XB1 having similar issues.

I depends on your choice. I know so many people that are not going to .buy this consol onn launch date. I for one am so excited for it and have pre-ordered the console for the very same reason

if you ant to play the next gen stuff/own it as early as possible get in on the ground floor than yea pre order/buy it.

from my own personal life..

i wanted a 360 on launch bad... i was not in a position to buy one/pre order at that point. a few friends got the system and i was like dang i wish i had the money.. it ended up taking me till forza4 launch to buy one because at that point most of my friends had one and their was nothing i really wanted... i put it off forever untill forza4 came out i bought a used top end xbox360 that had an issue(gamestop) replaced it under warranty.. did this a few times.. district manager convinced me to buy a brand new 360 and would honer my purchase(dollar for dollar) towards a brand new 360 at that point.. and i am happpy as can be with it. i got the latest and greatest system at that point.

i am now in a position i can have the xbox one on pre order and and more than happy to be able to. the console is actually my birthday present to myself. im a november babby. i know if i dont buy day one i will wait quite a few years till the price drops or used ones are easy to buy. the games at launch are a good lineup which also adds to my purchase. i love forza and the limited edition stuff(im a car guy) so i want all that jazz and just adds to it.

i am not a fan boy but most of my gaming is on an xbox of some type. i had a ps2 because that that point grand turismo was the driving game to have. so i blame my xbox love on forza.

I think it's best to just wait a couple of months until the prices drop a bit. The same games are going to be made for both Xbox One and Xbox 360 so you're not missing out in any way. Unless however, you do have the money to spend by all means buy it. In my situation, my friends won't be getting the Xbox One until the price drops. So i'm going to buy it when they do, that ways I won't be playing by myself on a new console.

I think it's best to just wait a couple of months until the prices drop a bit. The same games are going to be made for both Xbox One and Xbox 360 so you're not missing out in any way. Unless however, you do have the money to spend by all means buy it. In my situation, my friends won't be getting the Xbox One until the price drops. So i'm going to buy it when they do, that ways I won't be playing by myself on a new console.

Agree wholeheartedly with this. That's what we are doing.

I Just pre order mine in the Microsoft store online, I was wondering if this guarantee me getting it Day one or not necessarily?

I Just pre order mine in the Microsoft store online, I was wondering if this guarantee me getting it Day one or not necessarily?

I did the same thing but over the phone with a store associate. what they told me was that if you go to the store and preorder it you arent guaranteed a console on day one, but if you do it over the phone it is shipped to your house and you get it on release day. the only down side on that is you cant trust UPS/ FedEx to actually deliver something on time and they are going to be delivering a lot on X1's on day one

I'm really not sure where people are getting this "price drop in a couple of months" thing? The 360 took almost 2 full years to have a price drop, and even then wasn't that much. There's nothing wrong with waiting for other reasons, but expecting a price drop so soon after release is a little too much. If consoles dropped their price 6 months after release, nobody would buy them at launch.

I did the same thing but over the phone with a store associate. what they told me was that if you go to the store and preorder it you arent guaranteed a console on day one, but if you do it over the phone it is shipped to your house and you get it on release day. the only down side on that is you cant trust UPS/ FedEx to actually deliver something on time and they are going to be delivering a lot on X1's on day one

Appreciate the reply man.

I'm really not sure where people are getting this "price drop in a couple of months" thing? The 360 took almost 2 full years to have a price drop, and even then wasn't that much. There's nothing wrong with waiting for other reasons, but expecting a price drop so soon after release is a little too much. If consoles dropped their price 6 months after release, nobody would buy them at launch.

Not to mention, once it rolls out and all of the benefits are revealed, more secondary gamers, media console first buyers will be snatching them off the shelves. I don't see Microsoft being in any hurry to drop the price.

Not to mention, once it rolls out and all of the benefits are revealed, more secondary gamers, media console first buyers will be snatching them off the shelves. I don't see Microsoft being in any hurry to drop the price.

EXACTLY! Once its out and more people get their hands on it and see what the good stuff is, then word of mouth will spread like wild fire.

Agreed! A price drop withing a few months would also piss off all the early adopters, kinda like what happened to Nintendo with the 3DS. Then you need to launch a sympathy program which is both expensive and a marketing nightmare. Microsoft may afford the former, but not the latter.

I have not heard of that? Do you have a link?

Hey sorry didn't see that you asked about this, but i found it on machinima.com, it was a link they had to just a youtube video. obviously im not 100% sure on if its accurate but i usually go to that website for all techy things and they havent let me down yet.

Hey sorry didn't see that you asked about this, but i found it on machinima.com, it was a link they had to just a youtube video. obviously im not 100% sure on if its accurate but i usually go to that website for all techy things and they havent let me down yet.

That's a false rumor started as a troll

Back