Xbox 360 Xbox 360 Game With Best Storyline

This thread is making me think I should play Mass Effect. Also surprised it got so many mentions after ME3 and its awful ending.

It's a matter of preference but I honestly doubt ME's story is as good as The Walking Dead, Bioshock (not Infinite), Wolf Among Us, Nier or Deadly Premonition.

Mass Effect was pretty epic, but I was also a very huge fan of Alan Wake, has anyone here ever played? It was just a neat concept, and one of the coolest parts of the game was the epic concert battle! lol Also, the Bioshock 1 story was pretty great, I wasn't as big of a fan on #2, and I haven't played enough of Infinite to judge it yet.

Without a doubt it has to be Mass Effects - wonderful storyline. Generally I don't get into the story but this was one of the exceptions.

This thread is making me think I should play Mass Effect. Also surprised it got so many mentions after ME3 and its awful ending.

It's a matter of preference but I honestly doubt ME's story is as good as The Walking Dead, Bioshock (not Infinite), Wolf Among Us, Nier or Deadly Premonition.

ME3's original ending wasn't that bad as far as I'm concerned. I honestly never got why people complained so much. On top of that it's a lot of things - it's getting to know your crew mates, it's having all these other stories in the background, and it's fleshing out the universe with various missions. That's why people love it.

But it will be personal preference because I mean - I hated Nier, I didn't care much for Deadly Premonition, and The Walking Dead mattered very little. Wolf Among Us is okay, but sometimes pretentious - Bioshock Infinite is great for thought, but sucks for gaming purposes. That said it was great in terms of all kinds of Meta (Strawman, Tin Man, and Cowardly Lion) as well as Heartwarming.

Alan Wake. I enjoyed it as much as PS3's Last of Us. I'm also probably insane. But i think Alan is that good.

Alan Wake. I enjoyed it as much as PS3's Last of Us. I'm also probably insane. But i think Alan is that good.

Alan Wake was pretty good. Not the best but definitely good. Pretty damn solid. That ending though... even with the DLCs... man, when the hell is Alan Wake 2 coming out? :(

The Mass Effect series, Bioshock and Fallout New Vegas. Mass Effect because I'm a sci-fi fan and love exploring strange alien planets, Bioshock because it's a spiritual successor to the System Shock series (not as good, but still), and Fallout NV because I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic settings (plus, the game has many choices that affect how it plays).

Never played any of the Mass Effect games but it seems like I should. I'll have to go with Oblivion & Skyrim. I played those games religiously for a long time.

For me it's between Mass Effect and Deadly Premonition but they are both amazing for very different reasons! I would have to give it to Deadly Premonition only because it was less predictable then Mass Effect..

I do have to agree that the Mass Effect games do have a pretty amazing storyline, but even so... I do think that The Elder Scrolls series beats all games out there as far as atmosphere and storyline goes. The older TES games are also very nice to play every once in a while, but sadly those aren't available for the Xbox 360, atleast not "natively".

I've had some great fun with both Oblivion and Skyrim, and I just can't stop playing them.

Bioshock, Alan Wake, Halo 3/Reach, Red Dead Redemption, Gears of War 3, and all the Max Payne games including the newest one for me. Max Payne 3 is truly great, I was stunned. The script is so powerful and they did a great job of presenting Max growing older and spiraling downwards. He's such a strong protagonist. Please go buy it and play it.

Back