Xbox One Xbox One Launch Title Install Sizes Revealed

Well it's clear that the external storage capabilities cannot come soon enough. This launch lineup would eat up all of you Day One storage, assuming you were to buy each game, which is likely no the case. Either way it would be nice if MSFT had taken a page from Sony and allowed us to replace our internal hard drives, so I could just stick a 2 TB in there and not ever worry again. Hopefully once external drives are allowed it won't be proprietary like with the current gen,. I would be really upset if I was only allowed to use official XBOX external HDDs or if they limited the size like they do with the flash drives on the 360.

via IGN

Whoa, those are some big sizes for games. Ghosts is 39GB? That's not even the size of the PC version. I can already see more and more games exceeding that size. I guess it shows as more and more games sport better visuals and systems, the size will go up and up and up. Guys, we'd better have some HDD ready 'cuz the 500GB isn't going to keep up. Oh boy.

I'm wondering what the size of future games will be, especially maybe the next GTA. If Rockstar decides to make the entire San Andreas (just assuming), they could upscale the size to 100GB... ohh! Man, a 100GB game is something that will amaze me. That's going to be a mammoth to me.

100GB?! Holy... man, I'd better start upgrading my internet connection then. If games get up to that size, it's going to be the end of the dial-up lol. But really though, games are getting bigger and bigger each day, each month, each year. Man, I'd better save up on extra HDDs while I'm at it.

Back