Xbox One Xbox One (More than just a game console?)

True enough, but first impressions are important, and this case the first impressions were "TV, TV, TV, TV, sports, sports, COD, need kinect, need to connect at least once 24 hour"

Exactly! That did throw me off a little, as I was looking for more of a game console over all. But we might be jumping to conclusions.

True enough, but first impressions are important, and this case the first impressions were "TV, TV, TV, TV, sports, sports, COD, need kinect, need to connect at least once 24 hour"

Microsoft is looking at selling 100 Million Xbox 360 consoles in the next 5 years. They expect to make 1 Billion sales of the Xbox One console during the next-generation of consoles. There's more TV moms out there than Gamers, and if they can get your Mom to buy an Xbox One then they achieved what they're trying to do.

The games are still there, we'll see those at E3. Its not like the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One are available now and you are buying a TV, Sports, COD/Kinect console. That's not all it will offer and you know it more than I do that they will reveal more games at E3. Maybe the first impressions weren't up to par with a gamer's perspective, but after I read an article yesterday about them aiming for 1 Billion sales, it makes sense that they're after more than just gamers with this console. Doesn't mean they quit on gamer's.

Yeah, and the first impression it made on me wasn't that great. Unless something on the gaming side is able to seriously impress me then I honestly think I might give the Xbox One a miss and buy a PS4 (if it ends up looking better) or upgrade my PC and just use that for gaming.

Sure! You can surf the web, send emails, watch tv! It's amazing! Sometimes, you can even play games! Hehe... it's a joke! Having something like a gaming console redesigned as a multimedia device is a total fail! People who want to buy this, are buying it only because they can run games on it, not because they wouldn't need to turn on the tv/pc anymore.

Microsoft is looking at selling 100 Million Xbox 360 consoles in the next 5 years. They expect to make 1 Billion sales of the Xbox One console during the next-generation of consoles. There's more TV moms out there than Gamers, and if they can get your Mom to buy an Xbox One then they achieved what they're trying to do.

The games are still there, we'll see those at E3. Its not like the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One are available now and you are buying a TV, Sports, COD/Kinect console. That's not all it will offer and you know it more than I do that they will reveal more games at E3. Maybe the first impressions weren't up to par with a gamer's perspective, but after I read an article yesterday about them aiming for 1 Billion sales, it makes sense that they're after more than just gamers with this console. Doesn't mean they quit on gamer's.

To be honest, that target sounds kinda ridiculously high. Other than that, I do agree we should at least wait until E3 to see what's up with the Xbone.

I don't have much of an opinion about all of the other features, I doubt I'd use them but if they want to add them for the people who might use them, who cares? It's not like it's going to really bother you much if you don't use them. As long as it plays my games and plays them well as far as speed and better graphics than the Xbox 360, then I'll be happy about getting it.
One feature I do like though is the split screen and Skype, because I often play multi-player with my sister and it just seems like it would be neat for us to be on Skype. I'm just a bit worried that it will lag my games though.

I like it other than the fact that 3 GB of RAM are tied up into the OS. I think there is a rumor that Sony's simple OS runs on closer to 1 GB. But other than that yeah I would like my Xbox to do more stuff than just play games. Just as long as it does, you know, have and play good games.

It may just be me, but I don't want my gaming consoles to do much more than just gaming. I enjoy being able to stream movies and TV (through Netflix, Amazon instant video, etc.), but that's about it. I use my Xbox 360 to buy things from the Xbox Live Marketplace, but that's just about the extent of my entire use of the console. I'm certainly open to the idea of doing more, but I just don't see myself utilizing those features. As it is, I don't plan on buying an Xbox One until I've heard a lot more about it (and seen demos), probably pretty far down the line. The only feature that is being added that I really like is the Blu-Ray player, but I have a PS3 that can do that already. Bottom line: I'm not writing off the Xbox One, but I'm just not sold on it yet.

We could be missing the point here though a little bit, just because the reveal was mostly a fail. The Xbox is still primarily for games, but with the added option of it being like a whole media centre too. You can instantly switch to the TV or a film very quickly if you want to quit your game, but it's not like those options have to be used. Maybe the Xbox will turn out to be better than expected, and it's just the reveal that has let it down so much for us gamers.

Back