Xbox One Xbox One vs. PC

jjc995

I know little about gaming but from what I hear people make it out to seem PCs have everything over consoles besides price. What advantages, not just technical but all features and aspects, does the Xbox One (and I suppose PS4 too) have over the PC that make you prefer them?

Well, actually, a gaming PC that's comparable in price to the Xbox One (but not so much the PS4) will play most games just fine, albeit on lower settings. I like consoles more because that's what I've always used, but a PC has the benefits of more power and modding, among other features that consoles outright lack. I'm not a fan of using a keyboard and mouse, or even using a controller on a PC, though. I just like using the Xbox One because that's what I prefer.

Well consoles are just PC's made for gaming actually. It's all really a matter of preference since PC's I think are superior to consoles but as far as I'm concerned I'm all for the console exclusives. You don't really see that much PC exclusives that are really worth getting compared to consoles.

It's really not very comparable between the two since both basically do the same thing with PC doing them better. Actually, for the same price, you could pretty much get a gaming PC that does similar if not better than the X1. Even the games on the X1 are mostly available on the PC. For all its worth, it's still the convenience of console gaming that makes it better for non PC enthusiasts.

One advantage that matters to me is the mobility - I can move my console setup around the house more easily than my PC. Plus, having a controller in hand versus controlling everything with a mouse and keyboard is more relaxing. The price is not an issue, like others here already pointed, you can get a decent PC at the price of an XBox One.

Yeah but because PCs are so dynamic, conten exclusive games for consoles aren't so exclusive anymore, I mean you can install emulators on PCs and play Ps3 and 360 games, maybe soon you'll be able to play PS4 and Xbox one content on your PC as well.

I'm not sure what the guy above said about PCs not being dynamic and movable, there are amazing Alienwares and Razer Laptops that are on par with Top notch pcs, and they can be moved around without any cords or anything. Anyway, I personally started gaming on PCs, and I own PS4, Xbox One ,and a Alienware PC. PCs also look cooler, and they have modding, and can do more than just gaming, which is something Xbox One seems to be trying to multitask with, but Pcs have been doing for years. I mean, just take a look at this, and tell me these don't look cool. Also Pcs have Steam, and you don't have to pay for extra features like streaming or playing multiplayer, and Steam has insane deals of 90 percent daily.

I455-52203-main1-la.jpg

alienware_area-51_alx_x-58_2.jpg

biggest advantage of console over pc..

console games will always work on the console at a "peak performance"

your hot ticket pc will need upgrading in a year or 2 if you want to play games at a optimal viewing/performance... now if you start droping 5-10k on the pc i retract the statement if you build or buy a pc that can pump out 4k-12k resolutuion odds are your good for next 5-8 years.

i love console play tho.. the community is always easier to deal with (allot less nerdy) the support from developer/console builder go a long way.. sure you pay for xbox live but the stability is on point. and again you know every game released is playable out of the box till theday they stop making games for it..

biggest advantage of console over pc..

console games will always work on the console at a "peak performance"

your hot ticket pc will need upgrading in a year or 2 if you want to play games at a optimal viewing/performance... now if you start droping 5-10k on the pc i retract the statement if you build or buy a pc that can pump out 4k-12k resolutuion odds are your good for next 5-8 years.

i love console play tho.. the community is always easier to deal with (allot less nerdy) the support from developer/console builder go a long way.. sure you pay for xbox live but the stability is on point. and again you know every game released is playable out of the box till theday they stop making games for it..

...alot less nerdy?
YOUR HOBBY IS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES
That's a pot calling the kettle BLACK.

Personally, I like PC gaming more for alot of reasons, more features, being able to mod, INFINITE BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY, and depending on the community you go to, I've always had a better experience with other PC players than console players..

I will go with PC when it comes to PC vs a console. You know that there are many advantages over playing games on PC rather than on a console. I can't seem to aim properly when I am using a controller. Mouse and keyboard combination still works best for me.

Maybe its just me, but I do not play games on my computer and don't even consider it a gaming device. Could be because I work on it 8 hours every day, then come home and do some things like financial/documents so last thing I want to do is sit there even more.

I have both and I don't think it's a case of Vs more choice.
PC I was sick of being sure I had the latest drivers for a graphics card or what ever. Console, turn on and game. It's effort vs reward.
That's IMO!
:)

...alot less nerdy?
YOUR HOBBY IS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES
That's a pot calling the kettle BLACK.

my hobby is not playing video games where your very wrong..
my hobby is offshore/nearshore fishing and drag racing.
video gmes are great till kill time at the house..

Maybe its just me, but I do not play games on my computer and don't even consider it a gaming device. Could be because I work on it 8 hours every day, then come home and do some things like financial/documents so last thing I want to do is sit there even more.

It's not your fault mate. There are a lot of people who fee that way. Some of them are too tire stilling in front of a computer while they are working. I do understand that.

Video games on the PC are a lot better then having to play them on the consoles. The only downside that I see to gaming on the PC is that you have to spend some good money to get your computer to be able to play games and look really good and the amount of money that you have to put into that could be a lot. So sometimes that is why I think it is better if you just get the console and call it done.

my hobby is not playing video games where your very wrong..
my hobby is offshore/nearshore fishing and drag racing.
video gmes are great till kill time at the house..

Video Games are a hobby, no matter how you look at it. If you don't want to admit that, fine by me but don't act so high and mighty as to call other people NERDY when you yourself partake in the same activity as they.

I used to build gaming pc's for a long time and the thing I hated most was after a few months to a year , was the buying new video cards to play certain games coming out.

And then after a certain amount of time your motherboard won't be able to take it then you end up having to upgrade that too.

Wеll, асtuаllу, а gаmіng РС thаt's соmраrаblе іn рrісе tо thе Хbох Оnе (but nоt sо muсh thе РЅ4) wіll рlау mоst gаmеs јust fіnе, аlbеіt оn lоwеr sеttіngs. І lіkе соnsоlеs mоrе bесаusе thаt's whаt І'vе аlwауs usеd, but а РС hаs thе bеnеfіts оf mоrе роwеr аnd mоddіng, аmоng оthеr fеаturеs thаt соnsоlеs оutrіght lасk. І'm nоt а fаn оf usіng а kеуbоаrd аnd mоusе, оr еvеn usіng а соntrоllеr оn а РС, thоugh. І јust lіkе usіng thе Хbох Оnе bесаusе thаt's whаt І рrеfеr.

Part of the fun of PC gaming is definitely upgrading the PC. If it's not the same for you, then you probably should stick to consoles. You have to change out parts on a regular basis, but you'll have far more graphical power and capabilities compared to a console. You'll also be able to run circles around a console performance-wise, which isn't a huge deal for games that are available on multiple platforms. Some PC exclusives would grind to a halt on a console if run at max settings and while utilizing all the features. I like consoles and PC gaming equally, though. I just like gaming, really.

Video Games are a hobby, no matter how you look at it. If you don't want to admit that, fine by me but don't act so high and mighty as to call other people NERDY when you yourself partake in the same activity as they.

people take gaming seriously.. to the point now that every kid is on twitch peddling them self as a gamer and trying to get "partnered" and support their life thru gaming.. this is also where "trolls" live..
i am a casual gammer and i think i am on the side that actually plays more than a casual gamer because of my free time.. i have many many things id rather do that play video games.
pc people are nerdy who pc game... they talk system performance cpu,ram,video card, ect ect like i do rods/reels tides,moon phases, wind and current patterns.. except most nerds dont actually do outdoor activities... i dont run into gaming nerds at the drag strip or 90 miles offshore fishing for billfish.. many rich nerds do own boats that fish tournaments and such but they pay people like me to make it happen and just enjoy the trip and the results..

plus im not putting down nerds i am just not one.. im not smart enough to be one and i am aware of that as well. i wish i was.. i would be in a better place in life making more money and have allot more stable of a life than i do now.

Back