Xbox One Xbox One vs. PC

people take gaming seriously.. to the point now that every kid is on twitch peddling them self as a gamer and trying to get "partnered" and support their life thru gaming.. this is also where "trolls" live..
i am a casual gammer and i think i am on the side that actually plays more than a casual gamer because of my free time.. i have many many things id rather do that play video games.
pc people are nerdy who pc game... they talk system performance cpu,ram,video card, ect ect like i do rods/reels tides,moon phases, wind and current patterns.. except most nerds dont actually do outdoor activities... i dont run into gaming nerds at the drag strip or 90 miles offshore fishing for billfish.. many rich nerds do own boats that fish tournaments and such but they pay people like me to make it happen and just enjoy the trip and the results..

plus im not putting down nerds i am just not one.. im not smart enough to be one and i am aware of that as well. i wish i was.. i would be in a better place in life making more money and have allot more stable of a life than i do now.

Not putting nerds down and yet you say we don't get out much?
Really mixed messages here.

I actually enjoy both. Console gaming is more convenient and cheaper if you want to simply jump into optimal mainstream gaming. PC offers so much more in options, upgrades, mods, etc. You can even mod games yourself if you have the know-how. Like some of the above posters stated though - you have to have shell out more cash to stay optimal in the PC world of gaming. You have to invest in a serious rig to run graphics-heavy games. Not to mention invest in controllers, a good monitor, and a good sound system. Console gaming is more plug-and-play.

PС vs Соnsоlе is а nеvеr еnding dеbаtе. Bоth аrе gооd in its оwn wаy. Соnsоlеs аrе gооd fоr thоsе whо just wаnt tо plаy gаmеs withоut аny hаsslеs. Whilе in PС, аs diffеrеnt PСs hаvе diffеrеnt hаrdwаrеs instаllеd, sоmе gаmеs mаy оr mаy nоt run gооd, frеquеnt GPU drivеrs updаtе. But thе mаin аdvаntаgе оf PС gаming is MОDS. Sо, if yоu'rе nоt lооking intо grаphiсs аnd mоdding thеn соnsоlе is а bеttеr оptiоn. Bоth plаtfоrm rips yоur pосkеt mоrе оr lеss sаmе in lоng run, sо nоnе is сhеаpеr оptiоn.

To be honest I get a bit annoyed with the console vs PC debate that seems to have been going on for a number of years now, as people will prefer what they prefer.

PC gamers seem to have a chip on their shoulders in my experience, and when you say you're a console gamer they have a tendency to look down their nose at you for some reason.

All I can really is is that each is to their own. Everyone has their own personal preferences and you would be a fool to call console better than PC or vice versa because they are completely different. Sure, both are perfectly capable and often used as gaming machines but they do so in different ways.

I personally prefer using a keyboard and mouse for FPS games but I can't use anything other than a controller for racing games. I love Steam and the deep integration it has when it comes to your games and all the amazing things it offers for PC gamers. But I hate having to download 40GB games with my slow wifi and therefore being able to buy console games is a blessing.

Each has their ups and downs based on what you want from them, there's no use arguing about it the way I see it. Same applies for Android vs iOS and all that nonsense. Websites promote it for money and people take part in the debates because they are ignorant.

To be honest I get a bit annoyed with the console vs PC debate that seems to have been going on for a number of years now, as people will prefer what they prefer.

PC gamers seem to have a chip on their shoulders in my experience, and when you say you're a console gamer they have a tendency to look down their nose at you for some reason.

Because they have to find some way to gloat how they built a PC for two hundred dollars that's a 15 times as powerful as an Xbox!

But as a console owner I don't care. I don't look down on them because they don't play on consoles, because at the end of the day it's all down to people's preferences.

They play games on their PC, I play those same games in a console. That's just a fact they need to get over in my opinion.

The worst part is that they exaggerate some of these claims. Like how they'll buy used parts for their PC's to build one that's cheaper than a console yet then you could turn around buy a used Xbox for cheaper than that.

The way I see it aswell though, is that this for example is a forum dedicated to the Xbox ONE. While I'm sure there are many Xbox ONE owners that also have PC's, they don't feel the need they have to come on here and start ridiculing the other members of the site.

I wouldn't go on a forum dedicated to PC's for example, and start saying how inferior I think they all are, I couldn't care less what they play on or what they think of me.

PC is where it's at as long as you can afford it, always will be. Consoles are just proprietary paywalls that are used to imitate what a pc can already do, they have to have their own brand and all that jazz or people would just use computers.

So tell me again then why you're on a forum dedicated to the Xbox?

Consoles have been around to long to just be dismissed as wanna be PC's and while I appreciate the fact that people will prefer one or the other, I still don't understand why PC gamers seem to have a complex anytime a console is mentioned.

I am not a "pc gamer," that is the problem, I am a realist. I am saying. An xbox is a computer with very specific and limited functions, it is designed to do certain things and not be customizable. It is a PC, it is a pc that does certain things and has its own OS. Everything you can do with a console, you can do with a PC, but not in reverse. Once you see through the smoke & mirrors, you will understand. I own every major console for the games but I'd rather just have a PC that could play them all.

But I'm not sure there's any smoke and mirrors to see through in the first place? A console is used specifically to play games on and these days with the PlayStation 4 and Xbox ONE, they're more of a multimedia centre aswell, that all you hace to do is hook up to the internet and your TV, and away you go.

If that's what people prefer then who's to tell them that their choice is a rubbish one because they should have bought a PC? If a person buys a PC, you hardly ever get a console enthusiast saying they're wrong to have bought a PC. Surely people just have the right to pick what they want without being ridiculed?

Dude, you need to relax. Nobody was attacking you or instigating. PCs give you more control, consoles are PCs with inherent limitations. These are facts. I said facts. Never any ridicule, you're takin' this way too seriously.

A PC can be modified to do anything a console can do, but it is illegal to do it the other way around, because then people wouldn't buy the consoles.

Haha, I'm calm my friend. I'm too old now to be told what I should buy, I've always been a console gamer and that's the way I'll stay no.matter what people say.

I'm talking about the next generation and the one after. If it's drummed into their heads now that consoles aren't worth buying, they'll soon not buy them, and I think that would be a loss, that's all I'm saying.

First, the fact that they are specialized consoles made for gaming, designed for that and adapted for that. You can't possibly play a game to its fullest with a keyboard and a mouse (unless it's Counter Strike). Also, I do not believe that PC gaming has anything over console gaming, maybe the only good thing would be that you can pirate the games from the internet and play them without having to pay 60$.

You do know that you can just plug any controller into a usb port right? You're saying that you can't do it with a pc even though those controllers are designed with ports that are just slightly different than USB but could be easily made with USB. It is a computer, a console is already a computer.

I've said my bit on the subject, and while I've read what people think regarding PC gaming, I'm sticking to the consoles, and like I've said already, I doubt that toil get many people in a forum designed for console gamers that will agree that PC gaming is better. I think you're pi**ing into the wind by trying to change peoples opinions.

There are a couple games on PC I'm interested in such as The Sims 4 (Which is rumored to get a console release this year), Fallout 4 with mods (which are also coming to console this year) and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (which... is not available on consoles at all).

Woah I miss the sims yeah :) I haven't heard anything about a console release though, but I haven't been keeping up to date. I did go as a Sim (with the green diamond) for halloween last year though, so there's that :D

Back