Xbox One Xbox One vs. PC

What was the Sims game that was released on console? Was that Sims 3? I think I remember reading somewhere that EA were disappointed with the sales in that so weren't in a rush to make another one anytime soon.

I never played that version but I've played the Sims on PC a few years ago now, and I remember it being pretty good, but I'm not sure how well it would work on console.

They've made a lot of console ports of their Sims games. The original game came to PS2, GameCube and Xbox and then there was The Urbz, The Sims: Bustin' Out, The Sims 2, The Sims 3 and a bunch more.

Really? I think I only played the Sims 3 on the PlayStation 3 to be honest, and I never realised that there was that many available in console.

I'm assuming there IS going to be next gen versions in the pipeline or is that another series that were waiting to find out about?

There's been rumors circulating recently that the newest Sims game is coming to PS4/Xbox One and I'm just holding out hope it's true :D

Sims on ps4/xbone would be pretty sweet! I just really hope they don't divide up the dlc from console to console...I have this feeling that "exclusive" dlc is going to be like a parasite in the next few years...

Exclusive DLC is definitely going to be a big issue in the future, and I think that's probably how the separate console makers want it.

It's always nice to get one over on a rival every now and again, and if a game is released on the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox ONE at the same time, being able to advertise certain exclusive content is always going to be an attraction.

I game on my pc/laptop, as well as on my xbox. I tend to have more problems on my xbox then I do my pc. I NBA2k16 for my xbox and pc, my opinion my pc plays smoother and has better graphics.

For Shooting and racing games I use my xbox more, for some reason my pc lags on games like that.

I think I prefer to have a controller keyboard mix to play mmorpgs like Age of Wushu, and also have a speed up internet app like youxun, what people use in china to play mmorpgs at higher frame rates.

I game on my pc/laptop, as well as on my xbox. I tend to have more problems on my xbox then I do my pc. I NBA2k16 for my xbox and pc, my opinion my pc plays smoother and has better graphics.

For Shooting and racing games I use my xbox more, for some reason my pc lags on games like that.

I think that's a good point and both systems have their own appeal depending on the type of games that people are playing on them. I'm not sure we can say that one sysytem is better than the other across all game types, but it seems that people want to try and judge and compare across the board, and I don't think that's fair on either.

I'm a huge fan of Xbox but I'll always choose my PC over it, just because of the mobility and larger variety of games. But I think Xbox is so much better when it comes to game play fluidity and graphic processing. PCs can always have the chance of not running a certain game, no matter how good of a machine it is... I bought Fallout 4 only to find out it doesn't run on Intel.

What you say goes back to a point I've made before, and if people want a machine that they can open the box, plug it in and play, then a console beats a PC hands down. A PC might have more power and depending on how up to date your system is, better graphical capabilities, but for many people they wont have high end, top of the range PC's and in most cases that's what the new games need to run effectively

With a console you don't need to worry about that, and you know that if the game says it's made for an Xbox ONE or Playstation 4, then you already know that there's no chance that it wont work or that your console won't be able to play it.

As far as things it does better, it really just comes down to exclusive titles and pricing. The PC will always beat any console as far as I'm concerned, but the gap isn't as large as some PC players will make it seem. You have a huge advantage using the keyboard and mouse as well.

I think the console vs PC argument will never be settled and I'm actually sick of talking about it now, as console gamers will always prefer consoles and PC gamers will always prefer PC's. As a console gamer myself, I actually think that the mouse and keyboard controls you say are a positive, I actually think are a negative and I think a joypad is the better way of controlling a game, but again...that's just my opinion and it's what I've got used to over the year's.

Well I think that I agree with a lot of the users above that say that PC will always beat consoles, but that said I have never really gotten used to using the PC for gaming. I am much more familiar and comfortable with the consoles, and so that is just what I have always used. Maybe things will change when a certain game - Civilization - comes out, but for the meantime, I am sticking with the consoles.

People do tend to stick with what they are used to, but that doesn't mean that they don't like playing a game on a different platform, it's just that they are used to playing it on what they have played on in the past.

PC gaming will always be popular, but so will the games consoles and I still don't see why people try to compare and then convince others to switch or to change. I'm more of a console gamer than PC, always have been but I don't go around trying to convince PC gamers to change. After all it makes no difference to me what other people play on.

I'm not a fan of using a keyboard and mouse, or even using a controller on a PC, though. I just like using the Xbox One because that's what I prefer.

I'm not a fan of the keyboard and mouse either. I still don't see how PC gamers do it and having to remember keys, and jeep your hands on them while playing a game is a problem for me.

I can't sit there without getting frustrated, plus using the mouse it just feels weird. I was raise to game on consoles, and I don't ever think I will change that until I actually see a PC gaming rig, test it out and actually like it.

And that's why a lot of PC gamers now also use joypads when playing their games.I was also brought up on console gaming as well rather than on the PC's, and when I was young the PC we had was only used for work purposes and homework I had from school.

Maybe that's another reason why I'm not a fan of PC's for games...it reminds me of the school days!

I think the major reason that makes some people prefer Xbox over the PC is that with a PC you have to go through all the trouble of making sure that your computer's performance is up to par, getting the latest drivers for a graphics card and other stuff that I don't really understand. With a console, you just plug it in and you're good to go!

As I've said before though, PC gamers tend to look down on console players because they are just plug in and play systems and they see that as a poorer alternative to what they are using, but that isn't necessarily the case at all.

The fact that they are a plug in and play system is why the console gamers prefer console over PC in the first place, because as like you say @NormaD they don't actually want to get involved with updating graphics cards and drivers, they simply just want to sit down and play the game.

I do not want to sound odd or anything like that, but PC is always going to be better than any console, the simple fact you can modify and customize it however you please to, makes it something unbeatable, even for the best console in the globe, PC gaming is always going to be more advanced when it comes to graphics and that kind of features.

Back