Xbox One Xbox One vs. PlayStation 4 - Opinions

If it turns into a knockdown all-out brawl between the two, at this moment my money is behind Sony. Mostly because I'd have to spend less money to get a gamer-centric experience. But the fight is still young, and refining of features and new tricks will be revealed as we get closer to the Holiday Season, and opinions will probably change.

Personally I plan on owning both. It's probably going to end up being a similar situation I have with the current-gen technology, I have my PS3 for PS3 exclusives, I have my XBOX 360 for 360 exclusives. I prefer the PS3 for certain video features ( I think the YouTube app is a bit easier to navigate on PS3), but for most of my gaming, and Netflix, I boot up the 360.

It appears that the One is going to play better with video features and accessibility, but unless something changes, the PS4 has my vote for the more appealing features to the gamer in me.

PS4 wins hands down. Xbox....you need to get your crap together and start listening to Us gamers!!! All my xbox friends are switching to PS4, and im talking about over 100 people at least so far. Its the little things that count and I cant believe im saying this but I will not be getting the new xbox one!!!!!!! Screw you microsoft for messing things up!

I seriously doubt that's true. The most disappointing thing about the Xbox One is the always-online thing, but in the end it's just a minor inconvenience. The PS4 by comparison isn't much better; the only reason I prefer it is because it's cheaper. But so far the Xbox exclusives far outweigh the PlayStation exclusives, and I don't expect that to change anytime soon.

I seriously doubt that's true. The most disappointing thing about the Xbox One is the always-online thing, but in the end it's just a minor inconvenience. The PS4 by comparison isn't much better; the only reason I prefer it is because it's cheaper. But so far the Xbox exclusives far outweigh the PlayStation exclusives, and I don't expect that to change anytime soon.

+1 right their with you. Although i wish it was a little cheaper.

I think ps4 will win this battle. In the end I always say that people will tend to gravitate to the more economic unit, that's what I'm really considering.

After E3 it seems that Playstation has won the gaming aspect of the console war. It's pretty strange that Microsoft are offering a lot more entertainment with the console, but forgetting the most important aspect of it... the gaming! It's a gaming console, not a TV box, not a webcam and most defiantly not a new PC. And, for a lot of people, the price matters! So when you have to pick between a console that costs 399 or one that costs 499, knowing the are about the same thing. You will go for the 399 every time! Let's not forget the "special features" xbox one has, like always haveing to be online to play, making people back even more from it. The only thing I like about the new xbox is the controller.. looks pretty awesome! Being an xbox fan, i'm really disappointed.

Xbox One is getting basically the same hate that Steam did back in the day.

Right now, I'd have to say that the "hype" is behind the PS4's corner, but that's mostly due to Don Mattrick and company doing an absolutely terrible job at PR.

Once they get the PR in order and get everyone on the same page, maybe look toward tweaking a few of their policies and you'll see a lot of people that said they're going with PS4 suddenly switch platforms again.

X1 is doing a lot of future proofing with the console and trying to take the industry in a much needed new direction, it's just a couple things and bad PR that is holding back the hype machine for this system and they have a few months to get all of that sorted.

Quite frankly, I'm going to have to wait for E3 so that I will have a better opinion but as it stands now I'm leaning more towards the Playstation 4 than I am the One. Microsoft is going to have to put up one hell of a show to be able to win me over. I'm talking about:

1. Tons of amazing exclusives
2. Free online capabilities or at least some very damned good reasons for Xbox Gold.
3. Announcement that the Xbox One will be able to sexually service its master.

LOL! Yes you are so right!
I have a 360 ATM (only cause it was £19 in a 2nd hand shop) after selling my PS3 and while I do enjoy playing it, it is lacking in exclusives of any kind apart from Gears of War, whereas my PS3 has God of War and Gran Turismo, two of my favourite games.

I have call of Duty Black ops & MW:2 and I can't play against anyone online without purchasing said 'Gold' membership which is absolutely crap! I can't even watch Netflix without Gold...Netflix...The Hell Microsoft!?

Yeah, holding stuff like Netflix behind a pay wall is pretty weak. As far as exclusives go, you should try the Fable and Forza games if you haven't already.

Yeah, holding stuff like Netflix behind a pay wall is pretty weak. As far as exclusives go, you should try the Fable and Forza games if you haven't already.

Truthfully I don't care because really Gold is cheap and I wouldn't even own a Xbox without Gold anyway.

Truthfully I don't care because really Gold is cheap and I wouldn't even own a Xbox without Gold anyway.

You do realize that not EVERYONE else around the world agrees with you? Not everyone can afford or wants to pay the 60 smackers. You seem to think it's a must have and everyone can easily get it.

You do realize that not EVERYONE else around the world agrees with you? Not everyone can afford or wants to pay the 60 smackers. You seem to think it's a must have and everyone can easily get it.

If you can't afford $60 a year for the $500 console you bought you have some messed up priorities.

Also multiplayer on PS4 is now behind the PSN+ paywall now also.

If you can't afford $60 a year for the $500 console you bought you have some messed up priorities.

Also multi-player on PS4 is now behind the PSN+ paywall now also.

Just multi-player, not netflix like MS1, from what I hear, but the point is they made a disc based gaming system. MS1 has the whole shebang workin. Youre the kind of dude that will argue for MS no matter what.. Ill go read your responses to my other posts.

Just multi-player, not netflix like MS1, from what I hear, but the point is they made a disc based gaming system. MS1 has the whole shebang workin. Youre the kind of dude that will argue for MS no matter what.. Ill go read your responses to my other posts.

No they didn't, they made a system they will only run games that are installed on the HDD and will not run games on discs, the discs are just to allow faster installations of games.

I don't agree with Microsoft putting Netflix behind Gold but at the same time if you're going to have this system you might as well have Gold.(Same goes with PS4 with PSN+.)

Sony seems to be on a roll, and Microsoft has been making poor decisions. At the end of the coming gen, I don't know who will be on top, but so far, I'm definitely leaning toward the PS4.

No they didn't, they made a system they will only run games that are installed on the HDD and will not run games on discs, the discs are just to allow faster installations of games.

I don't agree with Microsoft putting Netflix behind Gold but at the same time if you're going to have this system you might as well have Gold.(Same goes with PS4 with PSN+.)

I thought it was disc based but used the ram for help as per normal. If I am wrong there then it still wouldn't matter as they built a system that doesn't make the discs obsolete.

I thought it was disc based but used the ram for help as per normal. If I am wrong there then it still wouldn't matter as they built a system that doesn't make the discs obsolete.

Um yes it does with a good enough internet connection like mine it certainly does. Even more considering you can start playing before they are even done.

I was under the impression that the TV functions would be 100 % useless outside the USA, but today i heard that the user interface functions such as the general "Xbox TV" work on any TV.

I was under the impression that the TV functions would be 100 % useless outside the USA, but today i heard that the user interface functions such as the general "Xbox TV" work on any TV.

Only in US stuff was started by trolls, we already know Microsoft has been talking to tv service companies in the UK and France and I'm sure there have been even more.

We knew we were going around with the Xbox but we are honestly still kicking around the Play Station both for the kids (their main system) and for us (to test out). My husband is MS certified out the wazoo for work among a large list of other things I won't bore anyone with. Xbox for us was a must because of the updated Kinect device since we will be using this a good bit (me maybe a little more than him). For me another biggie was the controller. I have no idea why but for some reason this one feels like the "right one", I am sure other females can chime in on this one.

Back