Xbox One Are you getting Xbox One (After 180)?

Are you getting Xbox One (After 180)?

• Total voters

Damnlag

Website
www.youtubegaming.com
After today's announcement that Microsoft was dropping the "always-online" thing and the used game policy being changed back to the current Xbox 360 method. Will you be getting an Xbox One now?

You can view the results here for before E3 and After E3.

I'll be getting one, can't imagine anything but price holding people back now.

I've had mine pre-ordered since day one and this doesn't change my position on the system, but I'm honestly disappointed. There were a lot of benefits that I saw with the new system and I wish they would have kept some of those while also bringing the discs back to appease the whiners. Maybe make it so that the discs download the game and have the game on them, so that if you've been connected to the internet in the last 24 hours you can use the digital copies and the family sharing stuff, but yet keep the discs for people who don't have an internet connection. They could still do this but I don't know that I really see it.

I can't imagine people just saying "Oh, well it's all better now, thanks Microsoft!" after what they tried to pull on consumers. Many people still have a bad taste in their mouth and it will take a lot to get them back.

Will I not happy with all the great stuff we just lost.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One.
The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold.
Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.
To remind you of some of the “scenarios [they] previously announced”, here’s a short list of the relevant features.

• If you purchased a physical disc game, your game was tied to your account and you could go to any other Xbox One and be able to have access to your entire library without carrying physical discs around

• You could re-sell your physical disc game to Gamestop or any participating outlet that opted into Microsoft’s revenue sharing system

• You could buy a used physical disc game from a participating retailer and play it like a new game

• You could install all your games onto your hard drive and not have to get up all the time to swap discs

• You could buy a digital copy and sell it or gift it to a friend (a previously unheard-of policy in digital games)

• You could potentially share your entire library with 10 friends/family members, with the only limitation being that you couldn’t play the same game at once

These were fantastic new features that were only available because Microsoft had the very reasonable expectation that you authenticate once a day to make sure you owned the game and didn’t just dump your entire library to someone and they were able to play all your games forever. Well, all of those features are gone now.

I'll be getting one, can't imagine anything but price holding people back now.

That's kinda what it all boils down to now though is starting price and exclusives, innovation is off the table. (I wasn't a big fan of the whole 24 hour check up but I live in a city so I would have sucked it up) Quite frankly PS4 is a full $100 cheaper and as for exclusives..we'll see.

Well after the 180 from Microsoft, I am now somewhere in the middle.

There are a lot of pros and cons for each system. Too many to list honestly. In the previous thread about if I would purchase Xbox One after E3 I said the only way they could change my mind would be if they dropped their DRM restrictions and online connectivity. And now they have which puts me in a tough spot.

The ONE thing that worries me is that eventually down the line, Microsoft will start implementing the previous features into their system. Even after their 180, they've left a bad taste in my mouth.

I just... I just don't know. I'm torn for my love for Playstation and my loyalty to Xbox.

Probably...? Before it was a no brainer for me to go with the PS4 because of all the restrictions but now that Microsoft has flipped I just don't know what to think. Their 180 definitely has increased their chances of having me as a buyer though, that I can say without a doubt... prior to this just thinking of the Xbox One made my head hurt, now I'm not so against it. Like Haze though, Microsoft's decisions have certainly left me with a bad aftertaste that is going to take some serious mouth wash to get out, this flip flop though is definitely a great start.

Before this my heart was set on the PS4. Now, I'm confused. The issue is paying £80 more, but I think I'm willing to pay more for a console I just know I'll love.

I was already planning to purchase both the PS4 and the One, but this helps ease some of my apprehensions over the purchase (while bringing up new concerns of course). The question is whether or not this 180 is "too-little too-late" as others have stated. I really was concerned over reports of developers nearly jumping ship after E3, and while this will win back some of us (the consumers), will it appease the developers?

I can't imagine people just saying "Oh, well it's all better now, thanks Microsoft!" after what they tried to pull on consumers. Many people still have a bad taste in their mouth and it will take a lot to get them back.

If your going that route, then if your planning on going to PlayStation 4... how are you going to forgive Sony for allowing hackers to breach the PlayStation Network? So, I don't see the point in your argument because Sony has done worse things than Microsoft saying a new console will have this, and then listening to the consumers and changing their mind before the console is released. They're listening, so they care and that's what the consumers care about.

If your going that route, then if your planning on going to PlayStation 4... how are you going to forgive Sony for allowing hackers to breach the PlayStation Network? So, I don't see the point in your argument because Sony has done worse things than Microsoft saying a new console will have this, and then listening to the consumers and changing their mind before the console is released. They're listening, so they care and that's what the consumers care about.

How did Sony ever do anything worse than this? You can say they did something worse, but Id like to hear it in detail. Worse than trying to re-sell games already sold for a profit?? lol..come on dude. Worse than being region locked? Worse than a 24 hour check in? Worse than letting you play ONE HOUR ONLY when you are away from your home console on your acct?? Getting hacked? Is that your reference? Has their PSN been hacked for the PS4 yet?

The only thing Sony has done so far is make a console for the customer based on customer desire. Isn't that what good companies do? Or do good companies make a console based on their OWN desires while dismissing the customers only to do an about face so they dont lose their butts for the next 6-8 years?

Very bizarre to see some people defending the money grubbing suits at M$; that's never going to make sense.

How did Sony ever do anything worse than this? You can say they did something worse, but Id like to hear it in detail. Worse than trying to re-sell games already sold for a profit?? lol..come on dude. Worse than a 24 hour check in? Worse than letting you play ONE HOUR ONLY when you are away from your home console on your acct?? Getting hacked? Is that your reference? Has their PSN been hacked for the PS4 yet?

The only thing Sony has done so far is make a console for the customer based on customer desire. Isn't that what good companies do? Or do good companies make a console based on their OWN desires while dismissing the customers only to do an about face so they dont lose their butts for the next 6-8 years?

Very bizarre to see some people defending the money grubbing suits at M$; that's never going to make sense.

Thats pretty funny, Sony was already to do about the same as MS until people cried, then they back stabbed MS and changed at E3.

Thats pretty funny, Sony was already to do about the same as MS until people cried, then they back stabbed MS and changed at E3.

If you were Sony, who would you back stab? Microsoft or your consumers? We have to admit that Sony made an intelligent move at E3. Microsoft was somewhat slow here and never even considered how customers would feel. They needed Sony to realize that their concept was wrong.

Going back to the topic, I will purchase a PS4 first and wait for the price of the Xbox One to drop.

You got a link or some sort of proof? This is just a daydream to make fanboys feel better. Again, bizarre. I still haven't seen proof to the questions I asked. Viper wont be able to provide it let alone someone standing up for him.

How did Sony ever do anything worse than this? You can say they did something worse, but Id like to hear it in detail. Worse than trying to re-sell games already sold for a profit?? lol..come on dude. Worse than being region locked? Worse than a 24 hour check in? Worse than letting you play ONE HOUR ONLY when you are away from your home console on your acct?? Getting hacked? Is that your reference? Has their PSN been hacked for the PS4 yet?

If you think that's worse then Sony getting hacked and releasing everyone's information then you truly are a PlayStation fanboy that must be blind.

Yeah, maybe Microsoft was trying to do something stupid, but the point is they listened to people and changed those plans due to feedback from the community.

Lol, so many of these kinds of threads, haha. I'm still not sure! Like I mentioned before, doing a complete 180 does not make me happy for them. Sure, they removed a lot of unnecessary policies, but Sony did not start with these policies to begin with, and I want to support them. There are better exclusives for the Xbox in my opinion, but the only stopping me from buying them both is the price.

Lol, so many of these kinds of threads, haha. I'm still not sure! Like I mentioned before, doing a complete 180 does not make me happy for them. Sure, they removed a lot of unnecessary policies, but Sony did not start with these policies to begin with, and I want to support them. There are better exclusives for the Xbox in my opinion, but the only stopping me from buying them both is the price.

Buy one console at a time, that's what I'll do. No reason to buy both right away unless both have games you can't wait to play.

That's true, there still is the fact that the Xbox One costs $100 more, and also their online service is $10 more per month, but that's pretty negligible. I believe I read the PS4 has slightly better hardware, but probably nothing that would chalk up to much of anything noticeable. I understand the whole bad taste in your mouth feeling towards Microsoft. It's like we saw how much they mistrust their costumers and think they need to be policed and they only backed down because of all of the fan outrage, not because they felt it was the right thing to do in the first place. I'm still undecided, I'll decide when an irresistible game comes along, but I do think I would consider an Xbox One now, whereas before I wouldn't have at all out of principle.

Back