Xbox One Are you getting Xbox One (After 180)?

Are you getting Xbox One (After 180)?

• Total voters
That's true, there still is the fact that the Xbox One costs $100 more, and also their online service is $10 more per month, but that's pretty negligible. I believe I read the PS4 has slightly better hardware, but probably nothing that would chalk up to much of anything noticeable. I understand the whole bad taste in your mouth feeling towards Microsoft. It's like we saw how much they mistrust their costumers and think they need to be policed and they only backed down because of all of the fan outrage, not because they felt it was the right thing to do in the first place. I'm still undecided, I'll decide when an irresistible game comes along, but I do think I would consider an Xbox One now, whereas before I wouldn't have at all out of principle.

Dedicated servers... for everyone on every game.... that is HUGE.

I was always getting the Xbox One. The DRM stuff really didn't bother me too much, but I do like some of the exclusives. This is why I own all 3 next gen consoles.

I will be purchasing one down the road. I still will purchase the PS4 first, but the news satisfied me enough that I will get a Xbox One eventually. As a hardcore gamer, I can't go an entire generation not playing some of the great titles that will appear on the console. I still don't like the price tag of $499, which is a major reason I will be getting the PS4 first, in hopes of a price drop for the One.

If you think that's worse then Sony getting hacked and releasing everyone's information then you truly are a PlayStation fanboy that must be blind.

Yeah, maybe Microsoft was trying to do something stupid, but the point is they listened to people and changed those plans due to feedback from the community.

That is your contention? LOL. Calling me a fanboy is so funny. Ive never owned a PS. Ive only owned XBox or Nintendo products. But that aside. So you are a moderator here (someone who is supposed to be somewhat on top of things right?) Your contention is that when Sony was hacked was worse than all of the things that Microsoft just tried to pull? Basically bilking the customer for all they could and hey lets limit the consoles usage is no big deal to you. Keep those rose colored glasses on; the view sure must be good.

I look at what just happened and we shouldn't let MS off the hook so easily. PS was loyal to the customer and the customer should be loyal back; they never did anything like what MS did.

That is your contention? LOL. Calling me a fanboy is so funny. Ive never owned a PS. Ive only owned XBox or Nintendo products. But that aside. So you are a moderator here (someone who is supposed to be somewhat on top of things right?) Your contention is that when Sony was hacked was worse than all of the things that Microsoft just tried to pull? Basically bilking the customer for all they could and hey lets limit the consoles usage is no big deal to you. Keep those rose colored glasses on; the view sure must be good.

I look at what just happened and we shouldn't let MS off the hook so easily. PS was loyal to the customer and the customer should be loyal back; they never did anything like what MS did.

I never said it was okay, but them reversing the whole thing is awesome news. They did nothing wrong but test the waters and people spoke up about it, which they listened. Whether your a fanboy or not, its how you come off especially when I compared the Sony PSN hack to what was only a proposed idea for the console that hasn't even launched yet. The consoles not out yet, so no.. in my opinion it is not a big deal because they reversed it all and now its back to how the Xbox 360 is now. Making a big deal about it after they've decided not to do it is just ridiculous IMO. And these are my opinions, whether I'm a moderator or not it doesn't effect my opinion on the subject.

I agree with others who say that Microsoft left a nad tate in their mouth. If they want to try that stuff me who knows what they'll try to do further down the line..

I agree with others who say that Microsoft left a nad tate in their mouth. If they want to try that stuff me who knows what they'll try to do further down the line..

You can count on it as these features are slowly added back onto the service over time. Digital is the future and Microsoft was just moving a little to fast for the online community.

Nope. Still not really interested. At least it seems like it will work on my country now, so that's cool. I might at least get it after a few years if there are interesting exclusives. But the PS4 is still my number 1 pick.

Nope. Still not really interested. At least it seems like it will work on my country now, so that's cool. I might at least get it after a few years if there are interesting exclusives. But the PS4 is still my number 1 pick.

Could you clarify why you are going with the PS4? Whether that be the games, features, cheaper, or the fact that Microsoft tried to do something that many didn't like?

I'm still undecided, I'm fairly sure I'll end up with both of the consoles in the long run but I think I'm getting the PS4 first and then wait for the price of the Xbox one to go down. Besides, My friends all decided to switch to PS4 after the incident and so it would be more logical to go to PS4 as well.

I'm going to get the xbox because of alot of reasons xbox live is a lot better, more features love all those bells and whistles lol and of course the kinect that thing is going to be cool, plus at launch or at a later date the xbox is going to talk to you and do all kinds of amazing things.

I had the original Xbox and have since switched to the PS3. I just feel that the system and the way that it works is overall better. It just offers so many more benefits than the Xbox. I sometimes find Xbox to be a bit complex too, but maybe that is because I use a PS3 more often. Xbox would have to do something magical to make me switch systems, and Xbox One just isn't that.

To be honest I'm still up in the air on if I will get the Xbox One or if I will get the PS4. In a perfect world I wouldn't have to make that decision and I would just get both. I'm starting to think that I will let my wallett decide at the time which console I will get.

I'm not sure which one I'm going for. XBox One had it's reputation hurt after launching with strict policies but since the reversal, it's on par with PS4. The deciding factor for me is which console my buddies are going for. Currently most of my friends are slightly leaning towards PS4 because of exclusives but I'm not quite sure which one is better. Microsoft leveled the playing field with the reversal.

Despite all the complaints about the One at first, you all have to admit they listened to the consumer. Isn't that what people want? A company that will listen to what we want? I will have no problem getting a One now.

Despite all the complaints about the One at first, you all have to admit they listened to the consumer. Isn't that what people want? A company that will listen to what we want? I will have no problem getting a One now.

I honestly think it was more that they saw they were getting killed in pre-orders that changed their minds :p

i had pre ordered my xobox one the day of the pre e3 show.. the dmr was a little scarry as my dsl is not the greatest and drops frequently.

i am kind of happy they did a 180 but hope they keep some of the features with full stream/digital buying. i will say i am a gamestop fan but would love for xbox marketplace to take a shot at a 5-10 dollar discount with online buying.. it would drive their sales up.

Usually when we refer to a "180" it's in the context of a back-stab, but it seems more like a desperate attempt at recovering from Sony's hits by changing the playing field, something that, despite these alterations, is mediocre at best. If all of this is true, then it almost replicates the PS4, only with added options for Skype and watching shows. But really, who buys a gaming console for anything other than, well, -gaming-? I planned on getting both consoles eventually, but at this point I'll stick with getting the PS4 first. The ground on which Microsoft stands is a little iffy, so I'd rather wait for the reviews to finally decide if it's worth it.

I just preordered at best buy and paid the full 500 with a in store pickup the day of launch. Best buy people assured me that they will have em on launch day, we'll just have to see.

Back