Xbox One Call of Duty: Ghosts creators explain why resolution is lower on Xbox One

Why should it? It didn't even get me to hesitate, not even talking about considering another console.
I do not really need the 1080p, like really? why would you? Its not like if you have a HUUUGE TV, since then it would only matter.

You are quite wrong on that. It does matter. But since the devs told that it would run faster - why bother? they are the one who know better.

Well resolution does really directly correlate to TV size and is actually a matter of distance. Regardless, to you point, I have a 65" inch and it would be a noticeable difference.

Same thing here. It does matter. I really want to use my tech to the max.
Sad, though

Well it doesn't seem to effect the people that do not plan on getting the game. There is a lot of people that are getting mad over this. To be honest, looking at the comparison video, you don't really notice that much of a difference. It's all the same gameplay really.

You know, I don't care too much about the resolution so I think they did the right thing focusing on the FPS.
The difference between 20 FPS and 40+ FPS is abysmal, even more so if you're playing a multiplayer game. Since the main focus of CoD is its multiplayer it's only natural that they'd focus on the FPS instead of the resolution.
That said, I don't think the game looks that impressive graphically speaking, so this is probably just a case of developers and publishers being lazy.

I've seen footage and 1080 looks a lot better. Bare in mind that PS4 is getting 1080 with 60 FPS, so everyone's asking themselves why Infinity couldn't have put more effort into it, but instead they had to guillotine it from 1080 to 720.

PS4 has its issues but at least they managed to upscale it to 1080, and if both systems are supposed to have similar hardware specs, then why couldn't they have at least tried? That's no love for the Xbox One from Activision

Just wait for the next Call of Duty game (what is it, 6 months from now until the next one? :p) and I'm sure they will have more experience making games for the Xbox One, meaning they probably achieve 60 FPS at 1080p.

The devs are trying to help us have a great experience. That is why they chose to cut the resolution. FPS is what people love, especially in action packed games. Of course, it is a pity that they have to do so, but don't blame them. It's either speed or a beautiful picture

This seems logical - you sacrifice one thing instead of the other. I guess that if i had a choice of better graphics resolution or FPS, i would definitely choose the FPS. What might make you even consider? If it wasn't for that, the game would be lagging and slow. Who would need that?

I agree, that the resolution does not make or break any game. Great games are not determined by their resolution, I mean they must have good graphics to some degree, but they are deemed great by overall quality.

Nah, I'm not concerned much. This is just, after all, the launch of the next-gen systems. Let the developers have their times with these bad boys and we'll see their potentials. Maybe they didn't have enough time to get the resolutions high on the Xbox One. I mean, look at Dead Rising 3. It's maxed out to 720p but that didn't stop gamers out there from killing over 6 million zombies right? For the graphic fanatics, sure, they'll be going nuts but for me, I'm okay with it. As long as we can have some good fun with the game, I'm okay.

It's really sad how defensive people get sometimes...
All signs point to XB1 being significantly less powerful than the PS4. It's ok, I'm still getting one.

I don't really mind if the resolution is less than ps4. I mean overall Xbox one specs is way better than PS4. I have been using xbox one for a couple of days now and I do not have any regrets buying it. Either way, I haven't tried playing the new Call of Duty. But I will get it by next month. Still enjoying playing Forza.

Not too worried about this. It's just the start of the next-gen. It'll take time but a year or two, we'll really see what the PS4 and Xbox One can really do for games. If the PS4 can still kick ass even when Xbox One has reached the 1080p... give me some popcorn. Haha.

Not too worried about this. It's just the start of the next-gen. It'll take time but a year or two, we'll really see what the PS4 and Xbox One can really do for games. If the PS4 can still kick ass even when Xbox One has reached the 1080p... give me some popcorn. Haha.

Agreed. Lemme have some popcorn too haha. But as for this argument, you know what? I don't really care. I play PC games that have lower resolutions than what I see most of the time. Do I care? No. As long as the game rocks for me, I'll play it.

Agreed. Lemme have some popcorn too haha. But as for this argument, you know what? I don't really care. I play PC games that have lower resolutions than what I see most of the time. Do I care? No. As long as the game rocks for me, I'll play it.

Exactly. It's all about the gameplay. I've mentioned before that great graphics don't necessary make a game good. If it doesn't have good play mechanics, it's a bad game regardless of its looks.

J

The lower resolution is disappointing for sure, but it would never be a deal breaker for me. I got a PS2 knowing it was inferior to the Xbox and was extremely happy with it. As long as the games deliver, I'll be happy. Sure it would be nice to have those same games in a higher resolution, but I'm not going to miss out on games like Titanfall or Halo just because a few games on the Xbone are in a lower resolution.

While the explanation makes no real sense to me and I do believe that the game should not have been released at a lower resolution on the Xbox One, it doesn't bother me. It's not like every single game to come out on the console will be at lower resolutions than the system should be able to handle. The new games will be at the resolution that we heard they were going to be this is a non-controversy.

Back