Xbox One Future Xbox One update will add external hard drive support

i am sick and tired of hearing about this update allowing external hd's... we all know why its taking so long.. they are trying to circumvent hacking the xb1 and ability to load games on a hd and play on xb1 without paying for the game... (same thing that crushed dreamcast)

its been talked about since day1/launch and its really getting old.. kinda like how they shoved titanfall at us for 1.5 years... it seems like every few weeks the topic of external hd topic comes up..

do i want a external hd yup.. do i care when i get it nope.. but i am sick of hearing about it.

i am sick and tired of hearing about this update allowing external hd's... we all know why its taking so long.. they are trying to circumvent hacking the xb1 and ability to load games on a hd and play on xb1 without paying for the game... (same thing that crushed dreamcast)

its been talked about since day1/launch and its really getting old.. kinda like how they shoved titanfall at us for 1.5 years... it seems like every few weeks the topic of external hd topic comes up..

do i want a external hd yup.. do i care when i get it nope.. but i am sick of hearing about it.

I hear you on this one.

I too would like an external hard drive but instead of all the hype about it, just get on and do.

As some one who has a large media collection saved to my external HDD. I am very excited to hear this.

Not only am i happy to get external memory support. I am happy that Microsoft is actually listening to their customers, and responding to their needs. This is a big change fro the Xbox, and Xbox 360 days. It is a change that needed to be made, and it excites me about the future. However. I wonder when this update will be released. Hopefully it doesn't take too long

.I would also like to know will it be possible to back up your games to your external HDD?

Wow this helps with the limited storage I have right now. Ill probably get the 1TB.

As some one who has a large media collection saved to my external HDD. I am very excited to hear this.

Not only am i happy to get external memory support. I am happy that Microsoft is actually listening to their customers, and responding to their needs. This is a big change fro the Xbox, and Xbox 360 days. It is a change that needed to be made, and it excites me about the future. However. I wonder when this update will be released. Hopefully it doesn't take too long

.I would also like to know will it be possible to back up your games to your external HDD?

I guess it would be possible. They might have everything available on it.

Microsoft has started preparing to add features that should have been on the console at launch. Not that I am ungrateful for them being released over time, but I feel like external HD support and Xbox 360 emulation should have been standard release features, as these would be nice selling points. Regardless, good on Microsoft.

Microsoft has started preparing to add features that should have been on the console at launch. Not that I am ungrateful for them being released over time, but I feel like external HD support and Xbox 360 emulation should have been standard release features, as these would be nice selling points. Regardless, good on Microsoft.

I know man. They could have just at least thought of it before they even released Xbox One. Whoever the planning team was they really need to step up.

I know man. They could have just at least thought of it before they even released Xbox One. Whoever the planning team was they really need to step up.

They have all the resources but they're probably saving up for something else.

It's a real shame that we didn't get this before. They should have done this before launching the Xbox!

Back