Xbox One Future Xbox One update will add external hard drive support

And this is where buying 1-3 HDDs is going to come very handy. If we're all going digital all the way, we might as well have HDDs to accomodate for the big ones.

1-3 HDDS huh? If they're 1TB, then you have 3TB or 3000GB of pure space. Yup, that'll come in handy very much.

So if i understand this right, pretty much any external hdd will work, like its not only xbox branded external hdd's ?

1-3 HDDS huh? If they're 1TB, then you have 3TB or 3000GB of pure space. Yup, that'll come in handy very much.

That's a bit too much. I'm okay with just 2TB of HDD space. Well I have a spare that I haven't used in a while. Maybe I can just use it for this instead.

That's a bit too much. I'm okay with just 2TB of HDD space. Well I have a spare that I haven't used in a while. Maybe I can just use it for this instead.

Eventually, you'll need it as more and more next-gen games spawn on us. But yeah, I guess as of now, that's too much at the moment. Still, you can never be unprepped these days.

Eventually, you'll need it as more and more next-gen games spawn on us. But yeah, I guess as of now, that's too much at the moment. Still, you can never be unprepped these days.

I agree. That's why I'm buying 2 extra HDD (1TB each)

What do you think would be the better course of action when buying extra HDD. Is 3TB enough?

Thank goodness...Yeah, I'm running low on HD space as well. External hard drives are so inexpensive nowadays, so it won't break the bank to pick up a 1TB drive. I usually go with Western Digital My Book external HDs.

Thank goodness...Yeah, I'm running low on HD space as well. External hard drives are so inexpensive nowadays, so it won't break the bank to pick up a 1TB drive. I usually go with Western Digital My Book external HDs.

Oh yeah... the brand is important as well. Sure, more space but it'd suck if the HDD you got is a brand that's known for suckishness. Better play it safe with the good brands.

Western Digital? Not a bad brand. I go for either that or Seagate.

Good thing mine is Western Digital as well. Two of em.

Oh yeah... the brand is important as well. Sure, more space but it'd suck if the HDD you got is a brand that's known for suckishness. Better play it safe with the good brands.

I used to buy unknown brands on my older HDDs and I noticed that it doesn't last that long compared to the known brands. Now I'm always buying branded stuff when it comes to gadgets.

Handy that 3rd earth released a USB Hub that fits into the side USB port!

I know it won't be super fast having a Hub attached but I might use the back USB ports for HDD's then everything else that doesn't need USB 3 speeds / only needs the power from USB plugged into this.

Handy that 3rd earth released a USB Hub that fits into the side USB port!

I know it won't be super fast having a Hub attached but I might use the back USB ports for HDD's then everything else that doesn't need USB 3 speeds / only needs the power from USB plugged into this.

Will it really work for external HDDs? If it does I might get one too.

Will it really work for external HDDs? If it does I might get one too.

That's a good question, I can't see why not apart from it might be too slow, sorry I can't post a link to the product as my post count isn't high enough but just search for 3rd earth xbox one USB Hub, it fits perfectly into the slot at the side of the xbox one.

That's a good question, I can't see why not apart from it might be too slow, sorry I can't post a link to the product as my post count isn't high enough but just search for 3rd earth xbox one USB Hub, it fits perfectly into the slot at the side of the xbox one.
Great, if that's the case I might get one. But in case it doesn't work, well I can still connect it to my pc.

Yea, I was full up, completely. So I opted to delete the game and if/when I play again, re-install.
It's a pain in the (you choose part here) but it's what I had to do to keep playing new games.

I'd love to see the install time be more on par with what the 'competing' system does. I don't understand how it can install in less than 5 min, and my XB1 takes 20 min plus for the SAME GAME.

The other update I really, REALLLY want to see is 'pull' support for DLNA. I have many 360s for media playing (currently have 3 left) and am waiting for them to update the XB1 so I can finally move from the 360s and get replacement XB1s for each 360 left. (note, I had 5 all active 360s and only 1 XB1 now.)

This is a good step to making the console future-proof to some extent. We don't want our xbox hard drives running out of space once games hit over 20 gigabytes long. I wouldn't be surprised if games end up being more than 100 gigabytes long in the next couple years so this is a nice way to keep such sizes possible without having to change the internal hardware.

Back