Xbox 360 Why Would You Choose a Console over PC?

I'd choose a PC over a console because it offers more functionality, and better graphics/support for gaming. Plus, everything is in one place, don't have to switch back and forth.

I honestly much prefer PCs, but they're more expensive even if the amazing sales on games make up for this in some way. However, I mostly play on consoles because a lot of great games don't make their way to PC.

Man, I don't think I'd ever switch from console to PC. As was said, it's just easier to have a device that's already set up for gaming.. Isn't worth the hassle of making your computer game-ready. Couldn't fathom using keyboard buttons or even a PC-compatible controller(do they even have those?). I need my traditional controller and a console.

I am predominantly console - why?

"New awesome game!" *Bought* *Insert disc* *Play* "Yeah!"

Effectively I like to get the most bang for my buck and that works best for console playing. All I have to do with a console is find a game whether new or old and put it in the console. I don't need to potentially get hacked due to financial actions online. I don't have to upgrade anything (which is expensive and time consuming). And I don't have to tweak anything much - maybe brightness and turning on subtitles. It's just easier overall and I'm trying to game not work.

I can simply buy a game for PC, download it and play. Didn't even had to move myself from my seat to do it. This also applies for consoles, so it's no advantage to say consoles are much simple to play.

And always go with PC for multiplatforms and console for exclusives. There, you can now enjoy 80% of what games can offer nowadays.

I can simply buy a game for PC, download it and play. Didn't even had to move myself from my seat to do it. This also applies for consoles, so it's no advantage to say consoles are much simple to play.

And always go with PC for multiplatforms and console for exclusives. There, you can now enjoy 80% of what games can offer nowadays.

not only that, most viruses or things which would compromise your information comes from doing things you shouldnt be, like pirating software...

I like consoles over PC because I am always on my PC for work and need to give it a rest once in a while. Plus it's easier for me to use console controls than on my PC. I hate using arrow keys and my mouse to play and am too cheap to upgrade my laptop or buy a joystick. I think it's cost over anything else. I also like my big tv.

Once big reason is the price. As expensive as consoles are, they are still much cheaper than a full fledged gaming PC. If you are really trying to get the most out of a gaming PC, you are talking about dropping some serious dough.

I guess it depends on the type of upbringing you’ve had with gaming in general. For me, I started out as a Nintendo Fan when I got my first N64. I shifted back and forth with other consoles from Microsoft and Sony, but I always seemed to garner an attachment towards Nintendo.

Obviously, it was for many reasons, the most prevalent being for nostalgia and all that. But with how people discuss on whether or not consoles would be more preferable than PCs, I think ultimately one will have to balance things out. Obviously, if you’re spending that much for a PC in terms of getting a high-end graphics card, CPU, and RAM, you’ll have to look at the limits of consoles.

Consoles will have a cluster of games that are bound to provide hours upon hours of gaming, but they’re mainly restricted for whatever console is released. If you’re the type of person that’s content with whatever launch and releases for a certain console for a long period of time, and you’re not too anxious to be part of the “next-gen” crowd to fit in some invisible spectrum, consoles are the way to go.

Of course, this is presuming you’re just talking about for gaming purposes, and not for other things that PC would clearly be convenient for. But honestly, as much as consoles emulate PC-like qualities, it just portrays how that PC in the long term is something that will be consistent for a fairly long time. If you have like 16GB RAM, I highly doubt that a person is going to have to worry about buying more for a fairly long time. Unless there’s a massive augmentation in memory use in games for consoles, you’re pretty much set for memory on PC.

And as for high-end graphics cards, honestly, it’s mostly just a marketing tactic to cater to the impulsive buyers that want to be assured that the card they’re getting will cater to a game’s “intensive needs.” Honestly, and this is speaking from experience with researching and getting into 3D modeling myself, pixels are just pixels, and polygons are just polygons.

The foundations for creating more photo-realistic games and even having more memory-hogging games will all be the same. The character creation, rigging for animation, and then finalizing things for production value is the same process in general. The type of upgrade you’re getting for a PC is completely different from a console that you’ll probably buy another one that's revamped in another 6-7 years presuming console wars change to new consoles within that period. Trying to see an irrefutable distinction between them is just nitpicking in my opinion, changing to something new from both realms (PC and consoles) is inevitable, but it doesn't mean people can get creative and still get what they need with a tight budget.

It’s merely how much you look into what aspects of a PC has the potential of doing without trying to think that consoles will have a more dominant and consistent grip in the gaming industry. There’s rarely anything that would make me prefer one thing to the other significantly or even exponentially, they all produce the same end goal: Allowing me to just enjoy and have some fun playing a game, and maybe learn the moral or set of morals the developers and writers wanted to create impact for their audience.

I play both as well and to be honest I enjoy playing on my computer more than playing on my console. But I have to distinguish here between sessions, where I really want to play shooters and mod games, and sessions, where I sit with my friends on my couch playing sports games for example. Of course, if you're a highly enthusiastic modder there is no way around owning a decent computer, if you want to play shooters - well, there are a lot of people enjoying playing shooters on a console, but not me - you should do so on a computer as well, but if you have friends over playing on a console is the better solution between the two.

Once big reason is the price. As expensive as consoles are, they are still much cheaper than a full fledged gaming PC. If you are really trying to get the most out of a gaming PC, you are talking about dropping some serious dough.

You are wrong. You save a lot with Steam. You can build a good PC with peripherals got around 750$ which will absolutely crush any console.

And as for high-end graphics cards, honestly, it’s mostly just a marketing tactic to cater to the impulsive buyers that want to be assured that the card they’re getting will cater to a game’s “intensive needs.” Honestly, and this is speaking from experience with researching and getting into 3D modeling myself, pixels are just pixels, and polygons are just polygons.

This is all i disagree with. Yes pixels are pixel and polygons are polygons but you cant show the same amount of polygons or pixels or textures on a cheaper card. Trust me, i tried. My build originally had a Radeon HD 5450 video card with 1gb Vram, It failed horribly at playing any game i tried.

For me I need both like for BF4 I need the Keyboard & mouse but for games like Forza 5 XB1 is perfect for it but it's funny we have Ghosts for both PC and XB1 I prefer to play on the Xone system more friends and the controls just work right.

For me, this questions is extremely debatable. Console gaming and PC gaming solely depend on the person and ONLY the person. For me, I prefer PCs due to the number of games and type of games. I find it much more easier to control and I find the PCs much more flexible.

Some people may find Console gaming much more better because they find playing with consoles much more comfortable and relaxing.

Console has better graphics, better feel to it and better controls, but I do play PC only for league of legends thought.

Console has better graphics, better feel to it and better controls, but I do play PC only for league of legends thought.
Even though we're in a console community, I can't let you get away with that comment. :p If there is one thing a computer is superior at, then it is the graphics.

Even though we're in a console community, I can't let you get away with that comment. :p If there is one thing a computer is superior at, then it is the graphics.

it shouldnt matter that we're on a gaming community. the fact remains that if theres one thing PC's are better at its graphical quality.

To my knowledge I think the PC console games were cheaper than console games. I think that may be the reason some people choose that route. Then again the PC does more than play games, that is why some people would rather just use their PC to do everything.

You get more mobility with a console. With a pc you are stuck to the mouse and keyboard. Consoles have wireless remotes that give you complete freedom over where you want to play. Also, the games for consoles run more smoothly

I chose Xbox over PC mainly due to the cost and also due to the fact that the majority of my friends have an Xbox 360. When buying a really good gaming rig it's going to cost over a thousand dollars, maybe up to three thousand. This is subject to change since through time and cost more, since newer games are going to require the latest drivers/parts and such. However, with an Xbox you don't need to switch anything out every so often at the trade off with graphics.

I chose Xbox over PC mainly due to the cost and also due to the fact that the majority of my friends have an Xbox 360. When buying a really good gaming rig it's going to cost over a thousand dollars, maybe up to three thousand. This is subject to change since through time and cost more, since newer games are going to require the latest drivers/parts and such. However, with an Xbox you don't need to switch anything out every so often at the trade off with graphics.

Gaming PCs aren't THAT expensive. If you DID buy a rig that expensive it would probably outlast the entire next-gen duration.

Let's be honest here, the consoles have subpar hardware and they, in a way, hold down PC gaming by being the standard. This, however, means that a good gaming PC will last you a generation or two. Hell, I bet the people that had amazing rigs for the 360/PS3 gen won't have to upgrade for a long while during the X1/PS4 gen.

Back