Xbox 360 Why Would You Choose a Console over PC?

TheMartinG, you have a point. I have always been afraid of downloading executables on my PC just for this reason, viruses. I have multiple virus software packages installed, but there is always the possibility that they miss one and then what? I could only imagine the damage one of these can inflict on a high dollar gaming system.

I think the main reason is that when you buy a console, you know for a fact that every game you ever buy for it will work. With a PC, you do not know this. When newer and newer games come out you'll need to upgrade or buy an entirely new PC. It's essentially just a buy it and forget about it situation.

I can simply buy a game for PC, download it and play. Didn't even had to move myself from my seat to do it. This also applies for consoles, so it's no advantage to say consoles are much simple to play.

And always go with PC for multiplatforms and console for exclusives. There, you can now enjoy 80% of what games can offer nowadays.

Nope - you can buy a game for PC if you have the system regs for it - and if the game has been ported to PC - and if you have a reboost enough internet connection - and if you can get Steam or whatever to function properly - and if you have the correct .dll - and if the file didn't corrupt during download - and hopefully it won't lag like mad.

I mean it isn't like I haven't used Steam via Humble Bundle before - I have and I hated it and so I much prefer my console wherein everything is included including the software upgrades. Besides which most of the games that are on PC are already on Console so it doesn't make sense to invest in that when I can just you know... use the ancient console that doesn't require upgrades in hardware. Seriously.

And it isn't like I'm exaggerating because I can go to Google right now and pull up like a million and one posts related to the trials of PC gaming particularly as it applies to downloads. So yeah.

I would go PC for the price of games available. I like consoles for convenience. I don't have to worry about system requirements or anything.

I would love to have a gaming PC but honestly i cant justify the cost of one good enough to run games that look good, also i really like that with consoles, any game you buy for it is guaranteed to work. You dont have to check the required specs etc, its just easier with consoles.

Games that suit me and my needs in gaming quality. Controls (mouse and keyboard). Superior graphics. Mods. Persistent World games (MMOG's). The Command and Conquer games and Starcraft were responsible for getting me hooked on PC gaming. Also, I like building my own gaming PC. It was one of the things that fascinated me and I felt I HAD to try it for myself. :) It was worth it.

well for one thing, a console is much cheaper than a good gaming PC, you get highend graphics... for very cheap...

I think I've said it before but I'll say it again. I think console is more reasonable in the long run. For one, convenience, consoles hardware are set from the get go meaning for every game that I buy I'll know they'll for out of the box. I don't have to worry about hardware requirements because all games are optimized. Secondly, I don't need to worry about drivers and compatibility issues. Every game is optimized to run the best so I don't have to do anything on me end to get the best visuals. And lastly, I've been a PC gamer before, having to upgrade my rig every couple of years to catch up isn't a viable option for me anymore.

The only reason I would choose a console over PC is due to exclusive games they have to offer. No exclusives means no buy for me.

Honestly I just prefer playing on a console and having my lap top on the side for doing stuff like Facebook and forums between load screens.
Plus there's just a feeling that's hard to explain while playing on the console that you don't get on the PC. But I guess you could set up your PC to be just like a console, with the controller and everything, but to be honest I have never had the desire to get a gaming PC. My computers break too often. :p

Because of the games really. I don't mean to say that PC's get the crappy end of the stick, what I'm saying is that consoles have a better library of exclusive games compared to PC's. And consoles are pretty much the standard for gaming and they're fairly cheap.

I used to love gaming on my PC and was adamant that I'll never buy a new generation console. But then I realized just how much am I missing by not playing all those exclusive games. So the games themselves were the ones that made my choose a console over PC. Sure thing, I still play a lot of games on my PC but the bulk of gameplay time happens on consoles.

I prefer to own a console over a PC because with a PC there are so many modifications that you have to make just so you can play games on it and also I really think that the console is the cheaper option because with the Pc you have to invest in hardware, but with the console you just buy and play so like someone said earlier in the thread to me the console is the lazier option.

Back