Xbox One What are your thoughs on Angry Birds Star Wars?

Anomaly0302

I have seen this game countless times and it looks to me that they just made a version for Xbox One but still is totally similar to the Android version. I don't see any difference between them. I think they just wasted their time developing this on Xbox One. It's like they wasted the potential of the console for a simple game. (Just my thoughts on the matter)

I don't think anyone bought it yet. I want to, but $50 no way, not even $30.

You're first impression is correct. It's a cash grab and nothing else. Some executive is trying to pull a fast one on grandmothers by using an established name.

"Don't know what to get little Timmy for Christmas? Everyone's playing Angry Birds!! The revolutionary phone game now on your TV!"

I can see the commercials now. Vote with the only power we have, our wallets and skip this cash grab game. There are great games available for the Xbox One already. Grab one of those instead.

I was pretty chill about this until I read the price. 50 freaking dollars? Let me repeat that. F-I-F-T-Y D-O-L-L-A-R-S?
Jesus, no way! You can get like two AAA titles if you know how for that much.

I am absolutely against this. I don't think that this is worth 50 dollars. Looks like a waste of money. I won't even buy this for $10 or less. I would rather download this on my mobile phone anyways it is free.
I was pretty chill about this until I read the price. 50 freaking dollars? Let me repeat that. F-I-F-T-Y D-O-L-L-A-R-S?
Jesus, no way! You can get like two AAA titles if you know how for that much.

They're just trying to milk the franchise, that's why I never bought an Angry Birds game. It's an an absolute waste of money, and it's basically the same game but with a new skin.

They're just trying to milk the franchise, that's why I never bought an Angry Birds game. It's an an absolute waste of money, and it's basically the same game but with a new skin.

Precisely. They released a lot of versions of the game and on different platforms (PC, XBOX, Android etc). They never get tired of just making the same game over and over. Why don't they follow PopCap's example. They revolutionized Plants vs Zombies in a whole new level.

I don't think anyone bought it yet. I want to, but $50 no way, not even $30.

It's a game that I play for free on my phone, and then they offer that price tag?!?! that's basically a choice between a game that should be free or two blockbuster games that have a lot more flesh to them being that they're actually proper games... no thank you Angry Birds...

Wow... a game you can get a low price in other platforms and then they have you buy it at that price? No thank you. As much as it's on a next-gen console, I'm all for the on-the-go version. Sorry, not my thing.

Nope not my thing either, I'd much rather be getting an actual AAA game for my money, especially when I'm not a gamer of means.

Yes it's a cash grab, because any time a franchise allows Angry Birds to take a crack at it, you can tell that the makers are running out of ways to milk it. Even then the fact that there isn't dancing in it makes it a bit of a step up. Still I am sick of Angry Birds, this is definitely a pass for me.

I see they dropped the price for the 360 and a few other systems, not the One or PS4 though.

Now its $30, so getting better. You can get it for only $21 used for the PS3.

Tsk. still too high for me. I hope they could lower down the price even more. This game is free on android. I would rather play it on my phone. This is a waste of money to be honest. This won't be a good deal either way even if they lower down the price.

It's pretty much the exact same game just on a larger screen. Rovio really wants this to enter the console gaming pantheon, but it just doesn't have the chops. Instead of bringing Angry Birds to consoles they could've worked on something totally different for consoles and leave Angry Birds to roost on smartphones and tablets. No one with common sense is gonna pay $30-$50 for something that is usually free (and smaller in size, what's up with the size for this? That's probably the price then, huh?)

At most it should've been $4.99 downloadable title. I wouldn't put in on it, but still.

It's pretty much the exact same game just on a larger screen. Rovio really wants this to enter the console gaming pantheon, but it just doesn't have the chops. Instead of bringing Angry Birds to consoles they could've worked on something totally different for consoles and leave Angry Birds to roost on smartphones and tablets. No one with common sense is gonna pay $30-$50 for something that is usually free (and smaller in size, what's up with the size for this? That's probably the price then, huh?)

At most it should've been $4.99 downloadable title. I wouldn't put in on it, but still.

I agree, Angry Birds belongs on smart phones as a free to play game. If Rovio wanted to make the jump to the console market they should have come up with something better than offering a free to play game for a ludicrous amount of money. Yes $4.99 sounds a little more reasonable but even then I wouldn't buy it.

This has been reduced to under $20 for the 360 and around $40 for the Xbox One on Amazon.

his has been reduced to under $20 for the 360 and around $40 for the Xbox One on Amazon.

Still, ain't that a bit pricey for a game that you can get free for your phone or tablet. Well, to me it isn't worth buying. I would rather get a different game that my kid can play rather than to have an expensive easy to download game that you can just download from any platform.

It's still a bit to rich for my blood but I'm not surprised that they dropped the price. There is no way that anyone was spending that kind of money of Angry Birds of all things. I mean who did they think that they were Dead Rising 3. At minimum the game would have to $10 before I considered buying it.

It's still a bit to rich for my blood but I'm not surprised that they dropped the price. There is no way that anyone was spending that kind of money of Angry Birds of all things. I mean who did they think that they were Dead Rising 3. At minimum the game would have to $10 before I considered buying it.

Yeah right. I think I'll get it if it was lesser than $10. haha.

Yeah they have to drop the price a little further, the fact that they did so soon means that a lot of people decided that there was no way they were going to spend that much on Angry freakin Birds despite the lackluster lineups for both consoles. They just got cocky and then got smacked back down into reality. I might check it out but not at these prices,not even for the gag.

Back