Xbox One What are your thoughs on Angry Birds Star Wars?

I didn’t have to pay this game at all seeing how someone did it as a nice gesture, and that was on an Android phone. Honestly, I finished the game within a day and a half, and that was playing it late at night because I just had weird reasons for staying up. I will admit that it’s more fun to me than the previous games, seeing how there’s more variety in what each character can do, but as a game in general, I could only see this being catered for mobile devices. Having it on a console only satisfies Angry Bird elitists, and is definitely not something that would garner much interest to any other gamers honestly.

But again, with the reputation it has of developing so many sales with mobile devices, this just shows developers can be indolent, and still make large amounts of profits either way. That’s just the atmosphere of business, like Dorotheo stated above me.

This is definitely better suited for mobile devices. On a home console? I don't know, man. I just don't know.

This is definitely better suited for mobile devices. On a home console? I don't know, man. I just don't know.

Yup, This doesn't deserve to even be in a console. Well it would waste the console's potential. Why have something like that on a hardcore console? What were they thinking?

It's all a masterplan to bring down consoles by stuffing it with games like Angry Birds. Kind of like putting a bunch of Pong games on consoles in the earlier generations.

Man, a lot of you really don't like this eh? Yeah, reading the replies and it already tells me that this game is not supposed to be in the X1. The X1 is a next-gen console so why put something like that here? If it did, it should have at least been something that can be backwards compatible. I can't imagine having to buy this on the 360 and THEN on the X1 again. Yeesh.

Man, a lot of you really don't like this eh? Yeah, reading the replies and it already tells me that this game is not supposed to be in the X1. The X1 is a next-gen console so why put something like that here? If it did, it should have at least been something that can be backwards compatible. I can't imagine having to buy this on the 360 and THEN on the X1 again. Yeesh.

They have all spoken. Angry Birds Star Wars is not the game to get for the X1. You can get it now for the iOS and Android at the fraction of a price. So yeah, don't get it for the X1. Not worth your time.

I don't necessarily hate this game because it's fun on the iOS and I got it for a fraction of how much their charging for the Xbox One version. What makes me angry is the console price because it's Angry Birds and there is nothing to justify how much it costs. Save yourself the annoyance and being ripped off and buy it for your mobile, whatever electronic device you have.

This has been reduced to under $20 for the 360 and around $40 for the Xbox One on Amazon.

This is still too pricey for a free game... though Rovio are taking it away as a free game... I don't know if they're getting rid of Angry Birds star wars completely or just keeping it for Xbox but either way, they've been making bad decision with it...

Eh, I wouldn't even dream of buying this, not when I just got it for free in the Apple store. Are you kidding me? At such a high price point too...I wonder how many copies they've sold.

This has been reduced to under $20 for the 360 and around $40 for the Xbox One on Amazon.

$40. See, see? THAT already tells you a lot. I'd add another $10 and you'll have a nice copy of Dead Rising 3 with extra stuff. No way in hell will I buy that game for the Xbox One.

$40. See, see? THAT already tells you a lot. I'd add another $10 and you'll have a nice copy of Dead Rising 3 with extra stuff. No way in hell will I buy that game for the Xbox One.

Haha. Same here. Like I said I'd rather keep the money or buy something really nice for it.

Hey, the pet rock sold like crazy during the 70s.

I asked my mom about it well it's true the pet rock really did sell a lot back in the 70's but yeah joking aside. Angry Birds really doesn't deserve to be on Xbox One or any other console. It should have stayed on smart phones.

At that price, I can buy myself a copy of Rocksmith and some DLC. I can also buy myself and some friends McDonalds. Nah, not gonna buy as well.

There are a few games that could make the transition from mobile to console, but few of those should go over $5. Angry Birds should've been a download only game priced for the low. Hell, I was wondering who thought it was a good idea to even put this on plastic. Then the manual. Haven't seen it, but anything over a few pages just steers into pretentious territory for Angry Birds anything.

...like having a 12-15 page manual for Pac Man.

I feel bad for Angry Birds now. It's getting the raw end of the stick in this thread :(

Then the manual. Haven't seen it, but anything over a few pages just steers into pretentious territory for Angry Birds anything.

But I did laugh at this lol

I feel bad for Angry Birds now. It's getting the raw end of the stick in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSwift View Post
Then the manual. Haven't seen it, but anything over a few pages just steers into pretentious territory for Angry Birds anything.

But I did laugh at this lol

Haha. That's really quite funny. If they released a manual with it who the hell would read it?

That's true. It's like the manual is there, you might as well read it...although I find it hard to believe Rovio could fill 12-15 pages with Angry Birds stuff.

I personally think the entire angry birds franchise is a travesty of the gaming world, worse than even the Lego franchise, I hope the developers experience unimaginable pain

I personally think the entire angry birds franchise is a travesty of the gaming world, worse than even the Lego franchise, I hope the developers experience unimaginable pain

Are you saying that because it started off as a replica of similar games but just looked more polished and as a result stole all the thunder for this kind of catapult tower destruction game genre?

Back